Quick Pork Chorizo Tacos with Cabbage Slaw
Try something new this Taco Tuesday! Our cook-and-serve chorizo pork sausage is the perfect taco filling (or quesadilla filling, or nacho topper…) Paired with a quick cabbage and carrot slaw, you can have a fun and filling supper on the table in about 30 minutes!
For the slaw
- 1 head cabbage
- 2 carrots
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 3/4 tsp celery seed
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
For the tacos
- 1 lb pork chorizo
- 10 small corn tortillas
- Other topping ideas: sour cream, pickled onion, lime, hot sauce, etc. to your taste
- In a skillet over medium heat, thoroughly cook the sausage.
- While the sausage is cooking, shred the cabbage. Toss cabbage and salt in the basket of your salad spinner or in a colander set over a bowl or in your sink. The salt will draw out some of the moisture from the cabbage and keep your slaw from getting too watery. Allow cabbage to sit with the salt for at least 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, shred the carrot. In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, mayonnaise, celery seed and pepper to create the slaw dressing.
- When the sausage is thoroughly cooked, drain the cabbage by using your salad spinner or squeezing it with your hands in the colander, allowing the water to drain. In a large bowl, combine cabbage, carrot, and slaw dressing, tossing to combine.
- Heat the tortillas in a skillet or over the open flame on a gas stovetop. Stuff tortillas with the sausage, slaw, and any other toppings of your choice!