This program engages students in a hands-on exploration of Ohio’s natural areas. We will focus on making observations and applying them to learn about our environment. This is an ideal program for a first time visit to Greenacres or for students to become more comfortable in nature.
- SWK Grade K-2: The world is discovered through exploration.
- SWK Grade K-2: Exploration leads to observation. Observation leads to questions.
- LS Grade 1: Living things have basic needs, which are met by obtaining materials from the physical environment.
- 1-LS1-1. Use materials to design a solution to a human problem by mimicking how plants and/or animals use their external parts to help them survive, grow, and meet their needs.
- 1-LS3-1. Make observations to construct an evidence-based account that young plants and animals are like, but not exactly like, their parents.
Poster and Vocabulary:
observation, senses, compare, explore