Delicata Spinach Salad
Delicata squash are robustly flavorful and a breeze to prepare, since there’s no peeling needed! Simply slice and saute or bake till tender. They’re a great pair to a hearty green salad using spinach, arugula or kale.
- 1/2 lb Spinach kale or arugula would also suit this recipe
- 2 Delicata squash
- 2 Tbsp Butter, melted
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Your favorite salad dressing
- Slice the stem and blossom ends off the squash. Slice squash into ½” rings. Using a spoon, scoop out and discard the seeds from each ring.
- Dip each squash ring in the melted butter, and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Saute squash in a skillet over medium heat or bake at 350º until the squash is tender and starting to brown.
- Dress spinach with your favorite salad dressing. Top with the squash rings.