Let your students lead as they create their own village in one of our Greenacres habitats. Students will decide what they will contribute to the village, the laws, currency and government all while fostering a sense of community. 3-4 hour program.
- SWK Grade K-2: The world is discovered through exploration.
- LS Grade 2: Living things cause changes on Earth.
- Geography Strand: Human Systems: Cultures develop in unique ways, in part through the influence of the physical environment.
- Geography Strand: Human Systems: Interactions among cultures lead to sharing ways of life.
- Government Strand: Civic Participation and Skills: Respect for the rights of self and others includes making responsible choices and being accountable for personal actions.
- Government Strand: Civic Participation and Skills: Groups are accountable for choices they make and actions they take.
- Government Strand: Rules and Laws: There are different rules and laws that govern behavior in different settings.
- Economics Strand: Scarcity: Resources can be used in various ways.
- Economics Strand: Markets: People use money to buy and sell goods and services.
- Economics Strand: Financial Literacy: People earn income by working.
- Economics Strand: Production and Consumption: Most people around the world work in jobs in which they produce specific goods and services.
- 2-PS1-1. Plan and conduct an investigation to describe and classify different kinds of materials by their observable properties
Environment, community, resources, goods, services, scarcity, law, rule