Have you ever wondered what goes on behind the scenes of a museum or art gallery? Students will spend the day with the Arts Educators learning the ins and outs of working at an art gallery and trying their own hand at collaborating, creating, curating, and designing art exhibits. Programs in the Arts Appreciation Series encourage students to practice their communication skills, particularly oral communication, through intentional opportunities for speaking about and engaging with the arts and each other. This program is ideal for a 3-4 hour program.
All multigrade program offerings will be supported by grade-level appropriate standards, available to share upon request.
Fine Arts Standards:
- VA.5.1.PE Understand that the context of an art object has an effect on how that object is perceived.
- VA.5.2.PE Identify and communicate how historical and cultural contexts influence ideas that inform artists.
Ohio Engineering Standards:
- Tech.DT.3-5.2.b. Plan and implement a design process: identify a problem, think about ways to solve the problem, develop possible solutions, test and evaluate solution(s), present a possible solution, and redesign to improve the solution.
- Tech.DT.3-5.3.c. Identify a product and describe how people from different disciplines combined their skills in the design and production of the product
Social and Emotional Learning Standards:
- SEL.A4. 2.b Demonstrate confidence in the ability to complete a range of tasks and address challenges while expressing positive attitudes towards self
curator, gallery, exhibition, design, docent, collection, painting, context