This program engages students in a hands-on exploration of Ohio’s natural areas. We’ll focus on discovering clues about the lives of animals while building observation skills and applying them to learning about our environment. This is an ideal program for a first time visit to Greenacres or for students to become more comfortable in nature.
- LS Grade 2: Living things cause changes on Earth.
- LS Grade 2: Some kinds of individuals that once lived on Earth have completely disappeared, although they were something like others that are alive today.
- 2-PS1-1. Plan and conduct an investigation to describe and classify different kinds of materials by their observable properties
- 2.LS.2: All organisms alive today result from their ancestors, some of which may be extinct. Not all kinds of organisms that lived in the past are represented by living organisms today.
- 2-LS4-1. Make observations of plants and animals to compare the diversity of life in different habitats.
Poster and Vocabulary:
observation, senses, investigation, habitat