All stages of life can be found around the farm. Join us as we learn more about how these living things, and what stage they are in, can contribute to the well-being of the farm.
- 2.LS.2: All organisms alive today result from their ancestors, some of which may be extinct. Not all kinds of organisms that lived in the past are represented by living organisms today.
- 3.LS.2: Individuals of the same kind of organism differ in their inherited traits. These differences give some individuals an advantage in surviving and/or reproducing.
- 1-LS1-2. Read texts and use media to determine patterns in behavior of parents and offspring that help offspring survive.
- 2-LS4-1. Make observations of plants and animals to compare the diversity of life in different habitats.
- 3-LS3-1. Analyze and interpret data to provide evidence that plants and animals have traits inherited from parents and that variation of these traits exists in a group of similar organisms
- MS-LS1-5. Construct a scientific explanation based on evidence for how environmental and genetic factors influence the growth of organisms.
organism, ancestors, extinct, traits, offspring, habitats, inherit, genetic