Nippert Legacy Expands Support in 2022
Nippert Legacy Expands Support in 2022
The Nippert charitable endeavors, which include the L&L Nippert Charitable Foundation, the Louise Dieterle Nippert Musical Arts Fund, and Greenacres Foundation have collectively donated more than $13 million to grant recipients throughout 2022. Their contributions will support more than 90 nonprofits and research endeavors in 2023 and beyond.
“The impact of the Nippert legacy on Cincinnati can be felt in everything from medical and social services to the arts and education. The funds and foundations reflect the Nippert’s commitment to supporting worthy causes while honoring interests they held during their lifetimes. They believed in doing the most good and we enjoy carrying on this tradition.”
Carter Randolph, Greenacres President
The L&L Nippert Charitable Foundation was established in 1981 to provide grant opportunities for any qualified non-profits located in the Greater Cincinnati region. In 2022 it awarded $4,367,879 in grant money to 69 nonprofits with causes ranging from providing youth services, supporting recycling, hospice care, and so much more.
The Louise Dieterle Nippert Musical Arts Fund is managed by Greenacres Foundation and was set up to support musical arts initiatives in the area. It is a proud annual supporter of the Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra, Cincinnati Ballet, Cincinnati Opera, and May Festival. In addition to supporting these organizations the Fund provides grant opportunities for non-profits who support local musical arts initiatives. In 2022 it awarded $7,217,160 in grant money to Cincinnati based organizations.
“We are thrilled to have our grant selection process completed for the year and looking forward to the recipients receiving their funds before the holidays. These funds make a real difference in the ability of these organizations to tackle the challenges facing our communities.”
Meredith Leslie, Greenacres Executive Director and board member
Greenacres Foundation preserves over a thousand acres in the region for the education and enjoyment of school children, families, and adult visitors. In 2022 Greenacres expanded their support of the community by offering new grant opportunities for organizations who focus on researching generative agriculture or ecology and environmental programs. It awarded $503,969 to these research endeavors while continuing its focus on charitable activities providing educational programming to school children. It also is providing four special one-time grants of $400,000 each to the Cincinnati Zoo, Museum Center, Freestore Foodbank, and Easter Seals.
“The vast majority of funds available for agriculture research is disproportionately distributed to continue to promote large scale, commodity-driven, food production systems that come with a host of unintended consequences. The commitment that Greenacres has made to funding research in the areas of regenerative agriculture and ecology will potentially have an exponential return on investment through enhanced ecosystem services – leading to improved soil and water quality, beneficial habitats, and healthier consumers.”
Chad Bitler, Greenacres Research Director
Nonprofits based in the Greater Cincinnati area can apply for these grants through the L&L Nippert Charitable Foundation and Louise Dieterle Nippert Musical Arts Fund between June 1st and August 1st, while Greenacres research grants are available at various points throughout the year. Visit lnlcharitable.org or green-acres.org for more information.
2022 L&L Nippert Charitable Foundation Grant Recipients:
- 4C For Children
- Adventure Crew
- American Red Cross
- Beech Acres Parenting Center
- Beechwood Home
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Butler County
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Cincinnati
- Brighton Center Inc.
- Camp Joy Foundation
- Canine Companions
- Catholic Innercity Schools Education Fund (CISE)
- Center for Respite Care, Inc.
- CET Greater Cincinnati Television Educational Foundation
- Childhood Food Solutions
- Children’s Hunger Alliance
- Children’s Theatre of Cincinnati
- Cincinnati Art Museum
- Cincinnati Eye Institute Foundation
- Cincinnati Museum Center
- Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park
- Cincinnati Public Radio (dba 90.9 WGUC, 91.7 WVXU, 88.5 WMUB)
- Cincinnati Recycling and Reuse Hub
- Cincinnati Therapeutic Riding and Horsemanship
- Cincinnati Works, Inc.
- Cincinnati Youth Collaborative
- Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden (Zoological Society of Cincinnati)
- Clovernook Center for the Blind & Visually Impaired
- Crayons to Computers
- DePaul Cristo Rey High School
- Down Syndrome Association of Greater Cincinnati
- East End Adult Education Center
- Episcopal Retirement Service Affordable Living
- Fernside: A Center for Grieving Children
- Freestore Foodbank, Inc.
- Holistic Management International
- Hospice of Cincinnati, Inc.
- Inner City Youth Opportunities
- Keep Cincinnati Beautiful, Inc.
- Ken Anderson Alliance
- La Soupe, Inc.
- Last Mile Food Rescue
- Lighthouse Youth Services, Inc., dba: Lighthouse Youth & Family Services
- Little Miami Conservancy
- Living Arrangements for the Developmentally Disabled (LADD), Inc.
- Mill Creek Alliance
- Nature Conservancy in Ohio
- New Life Furniture, Inc. dba New Life Furniture Bank
- Ohio Foundation of Independent Colleges, Inc. (OFIC)
- Ohio River Foundation
- Ohio Valley Voices
- OptimALL Services
- Our Daily Bread
- Planned Parenthood Southwest Ohio Region
- Pro Bono Partnership of Ohio
- Salk Institute for Biological Studies
- Salvation Army
- Shelterhouse Volunteer Group, dba: Shelterhouse
- St. Rita School for the Deaf
- St. Vincent de Paul Charitable Pharmacy
- Stepping Stones Inc.
- Taft Museum of Art
- Talbert House
- Teach For America Southwest Ohio
- The Healing Center
- University of the Cumberlands
- WAVE Foundation, Inc.
- Women Helping Women
- YWCA Greater Cincinnati
2022 Louise Dieterle Nippert Musical Arts Fund Grant Recipients:
- Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra
- Cincinnati Ballet
- Cincinnati Opera
- The May Festival
- Cincinnati Boychoir Inc.
- School House Symphony
- Vocal Arts Ensemble of Cincinnati
- 4-Way String Quartet LLC
- Blue Ash Montgomery Symphony Orchestra
- Church of our Savior/La Iglesia de Nuestro Salvador
- Cincinnati Chamber Orchestra Inc.
- Cincinnati Fusion Ensemble Inc.
- Linton Incorporated
- St. Thomas Episcopal Church
- School for Creative and Performing Arts
- Cincinnati Shakespeare Company
- Mam-Luft and Company Dance, Inc.
- Cincinnati Sound Chapter
- Queen City Chamber Opera
- Xavier University
- Kennedy Heights Art Center
- A Mindful Moment