Dress for the weather as we venture through our different habitats to explore the changing seasons. Together we will learn the strategies that plants and animals use to survive on the farm and in nature.
As part of our Children’s Discovery Days series, this program is geared towards children in grades 2nd through 3rd. Join us as our environment educators host a fun and safe family day out that also supports grade level academic standards.
Greenacres Children’s Discovery Days
Most students will be missing out on field trips this Winter. Greenacres is here to help! Our education team offers Children’s Discovery Days, a series of programs devoted to environment, agriculture, and arts education. Balance the screen time with interactive learning on our preserved woodland, farmland and 1920s Arts Center and grounds.
- Masks are required at all times (5 years and up)
- Small group, outdoor experiences allow for social distancing
- Each program supports one of the following grade ranges: K-1st, 2nd-3rd, 4th-6th
- Register and attend as a family; Children must be accompanied by a designated guardian
- $1 per person
- Offered: Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays; 9-11am and 1-3pm; select evening and Saturday hours offered once a month
- Each program will be held outside and/or in well ventilated, open-air spaces as much as possible, please dress appropriately for the weather and prepare for uneven terrain
- Closed toed shoes are required; please wear shoes that can get wet and/or dirty
- No strollers permitted
- No pets may be brought to Greenacres
- Greenacres Foundation is privately operating; all guests on property must be accompanied by a Greenacres representative at all times. Greenacres Farm Store is open to the public, located at 8255 Spooky Hollow Road 45242.
The safety of our staff and visitors has always been a top priority at Greenacres. Please note, these guidelines are subject to change as we continuously monitor federal and state protocols. In order to provide the safest experience for your family we require these guidelines to be followed:
- Plan to arrive 15 minutes before your program as all participants (children and adults) will complete a health screening conducted by Greenacres staff members. If you arrive earlier than 15 minutes before the program, please stay in your vehicle. Health screenings will include:
- A temperature check – Any person with a temperature over 100 degrees will need to return home.
- Complete a questionnaire. If an attendee responds with ‘yes’ to any of these questions, they cannot enter Greenacres property:
- In the last 14 days, have you tested positive OR are waiting on test results for COVID-19?
- In the last 14 days, to the best of your knowledge, have you had CLOSE contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19?
- Within the last 24 hours have you displayed any of the following symptoms: cough, shortness of breath, fever, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell?
- All participants (5 years old and above) and Greenacres staff will be required to wear a mask or face covering at all times. Acceptable masks include disposable or cloth masks; face shields alone are not acceptable.
- Experiences will allow for social distancing between family groups. It is encouraged that participants follow current social distancing guidelines between family groups.
- Each program will be held outside and/or in well ventilated, open-air spaces as much as possible.
- Adult family members are asked to monitor behavior of all younger participants to ensure adherence to safety guidelines and must remain with their family group at all times.
- Access to soap and water or hand sanitizer will be available.
- All use of drinking fountains will be prohibited until further notice. Please bring a personal water bottle.
- Materials used for the program will be limited, however when necessary, items will be sanitized between family groups. Please help us by following the instructions from staff members as to where to place items after use so they may be cleaned.
- If Greenacres is notified of a Children’s Discovery Day attendee or Greenacres educator testing positive for COVID-19 within 10 days after potential contact, ticket purchasers of that event will be notified. Greenacres will not share personally identifiable information about individuals who have tested positive. If any attendee tests positive within 10 days after the event, please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For additional resources please visit: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/schools-childcare/guidance-for-childcare.html#Vulnerable