Join us as we explore the eerie adaptations that make our creepiest animals the coolest! This spooky adventure includes a close look at bats, spiders, and snakes, OH MY!
As part of our Children’s Discovery Days series, this program is geared towards children in grades 2nd through 3rd. Join us as our arts and environment educators host a fun and safe family day out that also supports grade level academic standards. Please note that there are two different event time slots available.
Greenacres Children’s Discovery Days
Most students will be missing out on field trips this Fall. Greenacres is here to help! Our education team has created Children’s Discovery Days, a series of programs devoted to environment, agriculture, and arts education. Balance the screen time with outdoor, interactive learning on our preserved woodland, farmland and 1920s Arts Center grounds.
- Masks are required at all times (5 years and up)
- Small group, outdoor experiences allow for social distancing
- Each program supports one of the following grade ranges: K-1st, 2nd-3rd, 4th-6th
- Register and attend as a family; Children must be accompanied by a designated guardian
- $1 per person
- Offered: Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays; 9-11am and 1-3pm; select evening and Saturday hours offered once a month
- Programs are exclusively outdoors; dress for the weather and prepare for uneven terrain
- Closed toed shoes are required; please wear shoes that can get wet and/or dirty
- No strollers permitted
- No pets may be brought to Greenacres
- Greenacres Foundation is privately operating; all guests on property must be accompanied by a Greenacres representative at all times. Greenacres Farm Store is open to the public, located at 8255 Spooky Hollow Road 45242.
The safety of our staff and visitors has always been a top priority at Greenacres. Be aware that these guidelines are subject to change at any time as restrictions are eased or increased. We are working hard to provide the safest experience for your family by adhering to the following guidelines based on federal and state suggestions:
- When arriving at a Greenacres facility plan to arrive 15 minutes before your program as all participants (children and adults) will complete a health screening conducted by Greenacres staff members. If you arrive earlier than 15 minutes before the program, please stay in your vehicle. Health screenings will include:
- A temperature check – any person with a temperature over 100 degrees will be prohibited from participating in activities.
- Complete a questionnaire:
- In the last 14 days, have you tested positive OR are waiting on test results for COVID-19?
- In the last 14 days, to the best of your knowledge, have you had CLOSE contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19?
- Within the last 72 hours have you displayed any of the following symptoms? Cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, fever, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell.
- All participants (5 years old and above) and Greenacres staff will be required to wear a mask or face covering. Outdoor experiences will allow for social distancing between family groups. It is encouraged that participants follow current social distancing guidelines between family groups.
- Adult family members are asked to monitor behavior of all younger participants to ensure adherence to safety guidelines and must remain with their family group at all times.
- Access to soap, water, and hand sanitizer will be made available before, after and during the program.
- All use of drinking fountains will be prohibited until further notice, please bring a personal water bottle.
- Materials used for the program will be limited, however when necessary, items will be sanitized between family groups. Please help us by following the instructions from staff members as to where to place items after use so they may be cleaned.
- All programs will be held outside. Please dress appropriately for the weather.
For additional resources please visit: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/schools-childcare/guidance-for-childcare.html#Vulnerable